Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shaq to the Suns... Oh my goodness.

At first I was stunned.. WTF could these guys be thinking ?
But as I thought about it, the more sense it makes. What this move does is bring balance to the Suns, in terms of size, at the expense of some speed and some perimeter defense. The Suns would shore up their interior defense, and limit offensive rebound opportunities for the other team..

Now I love Shawn Marion, and I'd rather Amare left than him, but if Shaq replaced Amare, Shawn would still be the 3rd banana on this team, and that's not something I think he could handle. It's a shame.

I should point out that the Phoenix staff do a better job than anyone keeping their vets in shape (cf. Steve Nash & Grant Hill), so once Shaq is healthy, he should stay healthy.

The more I think about it, the more I like this move. Shaq for 2 years.. shore up the center & pg positions through the draft.. And remember a 50% Shaq is still better than a 100% Stones Bynum, at least for the next couple of years.

No comments: