Monday, October 13, 2008

Evidence that if there is a God....

he/she/it has a sense of humor. Congrats to Krugman. I'm sure the money will come in handy in these troubled times.

Still, I have to say, he didn't strike me as the kind of person who was Nobel worthy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but his NY Times columns really don't betray the kind of searing intellect or organizational capability I'd normally associate with Nobel laureates or Fields Medal winners, Kary Mullis notwithstanding. And I've met a few of both, including the bongo player, over the years. Guess I was wrong.

From a political point of view, though, this is a big plus for the Democrats. Krugman was Hillary's economic adviser, and the prize is going to be seen as a significant kind of approbation.

And I'd bet dollars to pesos that Bill O'Reilly is just about ready to blow a gasket. *That* is going to be fun to watch.

No comments: