Sunday, August 24, 2008

Handing over the Olympics..

2012 is the year the Apocalypse is supposed to arrive, according to the Mayans, and I can't think of a more appropriate place to hold the Olympics of that year than London.

I didn't watch the Olympics, because of how lousy and jingoistic NBC's coverage of that event is. I should remind the executives at the Peacock channel that the Olympics are supposed to be a celebration of humanity as a whole, and not an opportunity for internal reinforcement of your xenophobic views about the rest of the world.

I am amused, though, where every other country ranks the medal table according to gold medals won, the media in this country does it according to total medals won. I have to say, this country is becoming more like the old communist Soviet Union every day, and that's not a good thing

Anyway, since the Chinese have handed over the torch to the British, it seemed appropriate to show this old Steve Hackett tune.

No comments: